As an ISSA instructor you:
- Have internationally recognised qualifications;
- Get versatile skills in the demanding market;
- Can work in any ISSA Accredited School;
- Gain experience and expertise to run your own school;
- Posses professional qualifications to get work in yachting industry.
In order to participate in the ISSA instructor training, the candidate should have skills and knowledge at the level of Offshore Skipper. Offshore Skipper is a yachtsman with experience from at least two sailing areas as well as more than average skills in boat handling and knowledge of leisure navigation, colregs and meteorology.
All of the training takes place onboard a sailing yacht. There can be a maximum of 4 candidates at a time.
The training is split into the following stages:
- Levelling up of the candidates’ skills. In most cases instructor candidates come from very different regions with varying experience. Therefore, it is essential to start the training with levelling of the candidates’ skills. It usually takes from one to three days as needed.
- Development of teaching abilities. Candidates practice teaching techniques at subsequent steps of yachting education. Starting with very basic sailing classes, going through intermediary level exercises and doing more advanced classes at the end of the stage.
- Next phase comprises of practice during real sailing classes with real students. At the start of this stage, the instructor candidates work as instructor assistants, getting transformed into self-dependent instructors with full ability to teach, assist and assess future skippers.
- The very last part refers to an exam run by an ISSA authorised examiner.
Instructor candidates live onboard the training vessel.
Welcome to the ISSA instructor training program
Intensive training of teaching methods
Next ISSA Instructor courses:
Dates for ISSA instructor courses in 2020:
FEB 11 – 13 Warsaw, Poland – training for SRC instructors
FEB 22 – 28 Palawan, Philippines – training for sea instructors
APR 18 – 22 Giżycko, Poland – training for inland instructors
MAY 18 – 22 St. Petersburg, Russia – training for sea instructors
SEP 19 – 25 Gdynia, Poland – training for sea instructors
SEP 28 – OCT 5 Gdańsk, Poland – Górki Zachodnie – training for sea instructors
OCT 17 – 24 – in the dates of FoS in Greece – training for sea instructors
NOV 7 – 13 – Larnaca, Cyprus – training for sea instructors
In order to attend the course You must have:
– ISSA Offshore Skipper certificate
– First Aid certificate
– SRC certificate
For more information do not hesitate to contact our Executive Office.
22 Lecha Street, Warsaw
phone +48 22 245 49 78
Mon – Fri 0900 – 1330 UT