As of May 25th, 2018 new law on the protection of personal data comes into force.
Therefore, we have prepared the necessary information for your trainees. The information allows them to learn how we process their personal data and what rights do they have related to that process. We kindly ask you to inform your trainees about this information every time you complete the ISSA patent application form.
According to art. 13 para. 1 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the general data protection regulation with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data as well as due to the replacement of the Directive 95/46 / EC, we inform that:
- The administrator, which is the entity deciding how your personal data will be used, is ISSA Operations Ltd, based in London, United Kingdom: 3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, W1B 3HH London, United Kingdom (hereinafter “We” or “ISSA”), issa.global service operator and platform for the electronic submission of applications as well as an organization operating under the ISSA constitution as of 1969 (with later amendments), issuing sailing, motorboat and specialist patents in the field of broadly understood sailing training.
- You can contact the Data Protection Inspector designated by us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address: ISSA Personal Data Protection Inspector. ul. Lecha 22, 03-610 Warsaw.
- We have received your personal data from you in connection with the training you have been given in one of the training centers accredited by us. We have received this data to issue a patent corresponding to the training you have been given.
- We may process your personal data because it is necessary to fulfill our obligation to provide you with, as well as to maintain later a patent that corresponds to your completed training at one of the ISSA accredited training centers, including: (1) Ordering to manufacture a patent containing your personal data; (2) Sending it to the your address or the address of the ISSA accredited training center where you completed the training; (3) Placing your personal data in the ISSA electronic patent service available at www.issa.global; (4) Ensuring the possibility of solving technical problems related with the patent issuance; (5) Handling complaints when you make such a complaint; (6) Handleing your requests that you are sending to us, eg in connection with a lost patent and a request for a duplicate. (7) Informing you about changes in the scope of the content published on ISSA patents, issuing refreshed versions of them and informing you about new possibilities of using ISSA patents.
- In addition, the law may require us to process your data for tax and accounting purposes.
- We also process your personal data for the purposes set out below, based on the legitimate interest of ISSA, which is: (1) to provide adequate trainee service; (2) ensuring the security of the services we provide, including enforcing compliance with ISSA’s internal policies and counteracting fraud and abuse; (3) conducting ISSA research and analyzes, among others, in terms of estimating the quality of our certification offer and improving the operation of services we perform for you; (4) handling your requests when they are not directly related to providing you with a patent after completing the training at one of the ISSA accredited training centers; (5) debt collection; conducting court, arbitration and mediation proceedings; (6) conducting statistical analyzes; (7) storing data for archival purposes, and ensuring accountability (showing compliance with our obligations under the law).
- Based on – and only if you give your consent – ISSA processes your personal data in order to save data in cookies and collect data from websites and mobile applications.
- ISSA requires you to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number in order to be able to manufacture and deliver to you the patent that corresponds to the training you have completed at one of the ISSA accredited training centers. If for some reason you do not provide this personal data, unfortunately we will not be able to do the above for you., and as a consequence you will not receive the patent referred to in the preceding sentence.
- If required by law, we may require you to provide other data necessary eg for accounting or tax reasons. In the remaining scope, providing your data is voluntary.
- We guarantee the fulfillment of all your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit their processing, the right to transfer them, not be subject to automated decision making, including profiling, and the right to do so to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You can make use of those rights when: (1) regarding the request for data rectification: when you notice that your data is incorrect or incomplete; (2) regarding the request to delete data: your data will no longer be necessary for the purposes for which it was collected by ISSA; you will withdraw your consent to data processing; you object to the processing of your data; Your data will be processed unlawfully; the data should be deleted in order to fulfill the obligation resulting from the law or the data were collected in connection with the provision of electronic services offered to the child; (3) regarding the request to limit the processing of data: when you will notice that your data is incorrect – you may request restricting the processing of your data for a period allowing us to check the correctness of this data; Your data will be processed unlawfully, but you will not want them to be removed; We will no longer need your data, but you may need to in your proceedings to defend yourself or to make claims; or you object to the processing of the data – until making determination of whether the legitimate grounds on our side override the grounds of objection; (4) in relation to a request for transfer of data: the processing of your data takes place on the basis of your consent or the contract concluded with you and this processing takes place automatically.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by the us to the supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office with its registered office in Wilmslow, United Kingdom.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when processing is based on a legitimate interest or for statistical purposes, and your objection is justified by the particular situation in which you have found yourself.
- ISSA may share your personal data with ISSA subcontractors to the extent directly related to performing service to you and to provide you with a patent corresponding to your completed training at one of the ISSA accredited training centers, as well as subcontractors who provide consultancy services or audit. In addition, ISSA may transfer your personal data to public authorities fighting against fraud and abuse.
- ISSA stores your personal data in connection with the manufacturing and delivering of the patent corresponding to the training you have completed in one of the ISSA accredited training centers, for an indefinite period of time, however, it does not exceed the time required to adequately handle your requests related to your patent.
- In addition, we may store data for the purpose of preventing fraud, for statistical and archiving purposes for a period of 10 years from the date of termination of the contract or event that necessitates such processing.
- At the same time, for accountability purposes, ISSA will store data for the period in which it is required to maintain data or documents containing them to show the fulfillment of legal requirements, including the possibility of controlling of their fulfillment by public authorities.
- Your personal data, as a rule, are not transferred outside the European Economic Area. Your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area in a situation where the United Kingdom ceases to be a member of the European Economic Area and to the International Sailing Schools Association based in Switzerland, based on appropriate legal safeguards, which are standard contractual clauses for personal data protection, approved by European Commission.
- Your personal data will be processed in an automated manner (including in the form of profiling), however, it will not cause any legal effects to you or substantially affect your situation.
- Personal data profiling by ISSA involves the processing of your data (also in an automated way), by using them to assess certain information about you, in particular to analyze or forecast your personal preferences and interests.